Your 2014 Wish List
Happy New Year to you all!
This time of year, many people make New Year’s resolutions. But this year, I’d like you to stop right where you are and turn your resolutions into a 2014 wish list. Having a wish list is way more positive and empowering than a list of resolutions and having a 2014 vision board wish list, even more so.
Before any of you start thinking that a wish list is surely not as powerful as clearly set goals, or actually doing something like taking up running or eating healthily, let me explain, because there is a very big difference between wishing for something and creating a wish list board.
In life, you get what you attract and for a long time, I was attracting the wrong things in many areas of my life. But last year, particularly towards the end, there was a big shift in me. Having been a single parent for over four years now, I actually feel like I’m coming out the other side, so as I pondered on what I wanted to get out of 2013, I actually said out loud ‘ A totally brilliant year!’
As you all know, I love vision boards. (If you’re interested in seeing examples of mine and other clients’ vision boards, you can sign up for my 60 minute vision board webinar that is just £5, see below) And so I decided to make a 2014 vision board that was filled with things that got me into the feel good and success zone.
- I bought a blank notice board and printed off a 2014 image
- I got some old magazines and cut out sayings or words that expressed how I want to feel, the things I want to have, find, be, but most importantly reflected empowerment and the change in me for 2014
- I cut them out and arranged them on the board (leaving space for other things I will add on throughout the year when they come to me)
- And voila, a 2014 vision board!
- I look at it all the time and this particular vision board makes me smile – something I intend to do a lot of this year!
As always I like to inspire by example and my honesty, so I actually thought it would be useful to explain my reasoning behind my choice of words and images. Incase you can’t see them clearly in the picture, I’ve listed them here:
- You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win and expect to win – this is something I think we all need reminded of sometime!
- Fabulous, fearless, fun – this is how I want to act and have in my professional life
- It’s a breeze – because I sometimes have anxiety about how difficult something is and can procrastinate – I want all areas of my life to be simple and have flow this year
- Wiser – I’ve learned so much in the last few years, this is to remind me that I am a different person to 5 years ago and I should have more confidence
- My success – I’ve been in the lifestyle industry for nearly 12 years know and it is my time to shine
- Stand out – To remind me that I have a message I want to get out there with my work and I must stand out!
- I always listen to my inner voice – I always go on gut instinct and this is to encourage me to keep doing that, no matter what is around me
- Calm – I’ve become much more calm in the last year. I always used to want to slow down but actually I can in fact speed up, but I must do things calmly.
- Feel Good – I’m going to feel good all year. FACT!
- Just enjoy what you’ve got – sometimes as a single parent, you have days where you feel everyone else has things easier or better than you, but I’m blessed with two beautiful boys, a lovely home, work I love and my health.
- Live long – as always my food, fitness and lifestyle choices are about living life to the full but also living as long as possible!
- Feel good about your money future – I am proud that I am taking my businesses to the next level and am feeling more confident about where I’m going with them. I may not own a house now, but I will by the time I’m 40.
- I’ve changed – to change you have to change and I’ve seen a big change in me, this is to reiterate that
- Let the magic begin – I always felt that my life would be at its best as I approached 40, don’t ask me why, I just had a feeling. I’m 37 in a few months and I really do believe the magic will really start. This is saying I’m ready for the magic to begin, bring it on!
- Let’s celebrate – I want to celebrate some things this year, I don’t know what, but I want to get into the success zone, I want to anticipate the champagne being cracked open for some great things!
- Money – to remind me that I deserve to earn money and choose to earn money that helps people and I earn authentically
- Small changes big difference – we all need reminded of this from time to time!
- Happiness – I’m always happy so can’t actually have a vision board that doesn’t have this on it!
- I’m at a turning point in my life – I know who I am, where I’m going and what I want
- Smarter – I’ve learned so much and I must remember this
- Something special – this is my wild card – I just know something really special is going to happen this year, I don’t know what, but I know it will
- Miracle – I believe in them and I think there’s one coming my way
- Mojo back – Whoop-whoop, all I’m saying on that!
- Show stopper – Sometimes I forget that I can do more things out of the box, this is to encourage me to come out of my comfort zone more
- Dream results – I’ve dreamt about them and now it’s time to get my own and help my clients achieve theirs!
- Canvas tent – Because I love camping with my boys and in fact I’ve just booked us a camping holiday in France next year – the image will remind me to work hard and smart
Now the really personal stuff which I’m always nervous about sharing but know it can be really helpful to some of you.
- Love – I have love in my life everyday with my boys and my work but I’m looking for a really wonderful relationship. I love to love, I love being loved. Simple.
- Sex – Yes, I’m a 36 year old woman who’s put her businesses and her boys beyond her own wants and needs for too long! According to experts, I’m just going into my sexual peak now and it might last as long as up to 8 years. Well what do you know, good news all round! So many of my clients who are busy but love and adore their husbands, just have no sex with them, it’s insane! It’s free, it makes you feel good and it burns calories ;o)
- Find a man that will ruin your lipstick, not your mascara – A cheeky reminder that I am a beautiful woman worthy of a great man
- The ‘He will’ quote – Finally, a reminder to me that just because I have my twins and have some challenging circumstances sometimes, that shouldn’t matter in the slightest!
So, no diets or hectic training in sight for me this New Year! But if you do want to focus on losing weight or getting fit, or maybe even changing career and getting a better work-life balance, don’t just write it down or wish it, wish list it and get that vision board done that will make you start each day feeling like the it’s already on it’s way, or even better, already happened.
As my vision board says… Let the magic begin!
Have an amazing 2014 everyone :o)
Click here to purchase my 60 minute vision board webinar I recorded last year – currently just £5 (Usual price £10):